|There are several things you can be doing as parents to aid in this process.
- GRADE, GRADES, GRADES–COLLEGE HAVE A HARD TIME LOOKING AT ATHLETES WITH A LOW CORE GPA
- ACT–Each of our football players should have taken the ACT by the time their Junior year is over if the have interest in college activities.
- NCAA CLEARINGHOUSE–Each student athlete planning to play in college needs to register online at NCAA
- HUDL PROFILE AND HIGHLIGHTS–Make sure that these things are updated and ready to go if needed.
- BE REALISTIC–Understand that colleges recruit nation wide. Not everyone will receive a college scholarship to play football.
- SOCIAL MEDIA–Keep an eye on what your kids are posting. If a college is interested in your son one of the first things they ask me for is the Twitter and Facebook account. This is a main way that colleges communicate with perspective student athletes. They can also find out what type of young men they are.